On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:46:13 -0800
Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:36:09 -0500
> >"rels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>Oh well ... I haven't gotten a chance to download Slackware yet
> >anyway>as originally planned.  Hope to do so shortly.
> >>

> >It's well worth the download; just plan on fixing KDE early on, if
> >you're a KDE fan.
> >

> What's the problem with kde? Seems to work here, but I just tried it
> for the first time.

Yes it works mostly (no major failures for me), but the recommendation I
got (someone else replied on this list) was either to downgrade qt or
upgrade kde to kde 3.1.1, which is what I did.  There are slack packages
available.  I removed everything arts*, kde*, and qt and installed the
latest and greatest.  OK if you have high speed internet.

--
Collins - Slack 9.0 EXT3