On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:56 am, Andrew Mathews wrote:
> Harry G wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 April 2003 10:12 am, Stuart Biggerstaff wrote:
> >>Not a P II?  I thought the Pro topped out at 200.  Intel had a P II 333
> >>upgrade for Pros
> >
> > That is what I did.  Made a big difference, but I think I will have to
> > bite the bullet soon and gete a new system.
> >
> > This one has been stone cold reliable, though. (a Dell)
> >
> > Thanks for your input!
> >
> > Harry G
>
> Yeah, PPro's are one of the best, even if not the fastest. My mirror is
> on an HP Vectra running dual PPro Overdrive processors at 333Mhz with
> all scsi disks. I don't have a reason to switch as long as it's doing an
> adequate job. It serves up pages as fast as one of our dual Xeon Dells.

If I ever learn this Linux stuff well enough, maybe I will set it p as a
server.  Funny, I origionally bought it because I heard the P-Pro's were
optimized for Windows NT (which I used in my business).  Scary days!

I also have a HP Netserver with dual P350's )(only one installed) I used for
my server, with dual SCSI 9.5's that I paid something like $3900.00 for!  It
now sits idle under my desk.  (Business crashed. NOTE:  NEVER trust a friend
in business. )

Harry G