On Friday 30 May 2003 16:20, dep wrote:
> darl and chris held a teleconference today. the upshot apparently is
> that their basis for "enforcement" is the contracts which they have
> with unix licensees. which is to say that they intend to go after
> *their own customers.* if they have figured out a per-enemy payment
> scheme, they'll grow rich, because they've announced essentially that
> they neither have nor want any friends at all anywhere. weird. we
> wrote the whole thing up. conference was three hours ago.
>
> http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=360

Yup and unfortunately not one of the 'question askers' brought up the issue of
MicroSoft....

But it says to me that how can Linux be in trouble when no one has a contract
with SCO over linux.  Just their current licensees have contracts.  (although
they can go after IBM as one of those contract holders but I can't really see
how that would affect the users of linux)

They sure are a bunch of donkey butts......