Check the output after you do this.  I did the xfsdump -J - / | xfsrestore
-J - /mnt/newpartition and not all the files got copied,  The XFS mail list
had me check if they were links or had the same inode numbers (they weren't
and didn't).  After that I haven't had anymore feedback.

My plan was to copy my existing parition to a new one as backup.  I used
the xfs utilities to preserve xfs specific stuff.

Andrew Mathews wrote:

--
Brett I. Holcomb
[EMAIL PROTECTED]