On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:37:18 +0200 - "Dr. Kai Wiechen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the following
Re: speechmike

>Hallo,
>
>I have read your mail on linux users. Have I understand this correctly: you
>are able to use the speechmike under linux? Can you please give me the exact
>model you are using. What function keys are working?

I do not at present use it and have not tried it on my RH7.3 I did however use
it under Mandrake 7.2. I had it hooked up when I did a fresh install and it was
detected as a serial mouse. Everything on top worked. Of course the mike and
speaker are just dependant on a sound card no matter the OS.
It is a Phillips SpeechMike #6173, and has on top a trackball inbetween L/R
buttons. The bottom has the trigger which was flaky and at times could cause
trouble, for why I have no idea and did not mess around to find out why. I just
unplugged it and plugged in my normal serial mouse. But everything on top did
work so depending on what you want to use it for it might work.

I actually gave up on linux as a platform for the disabled, at least for the
time being. I could never get all the layers of stuff to either work at all
or to act right when it did work.

Ronnie Gauthier