Hi

>> Have you looked at the output from iostat & vmstat?

It is ide-disk version 1.12

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ide]# iostat
-bash: iostat: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ide]# vmstat
   procs                      memory    swap
io     system         cpu
 r  b  w   swpd   free   buff  cache  si  so    bi
bo   in    cs  us  sy  id
 0  0  0     20 215428  85924 158968   0   0     1
20   11     8  17  11   0

The problem ,I expliained earlier in details. It is a
brand new machine.. I want to check 250k mails
delivery timings.

I tested with 50k records delivery to this server. It
is taking almost 4 hrs, including receiving and
clearing the mails....

This is not the question - i am concerned only when
sendmail is receiving the mailvand *sendmail*
*procmail* processing are going on, the load is going
upto 20..vand it is varying from 20 to 25...

So what are the parameters I need to tune - so that
when this server will be used in the production, then
sendmail can run in a moderate load and take much
lesser time invreceiving and sending mail...The
sendmail.mc file I have already sent to the list few
days back.

Best regards.
-Swapna