On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:28:39PM -0400, Kurt Wall wrote:
>Quoth Bill Campbell:
>> Here's another article that relates and raises issues that SCO
>> probably doesn't want to think about:
>>      http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20030619.html
>
>I don't believe it is a matter of not wanting to think about it,
>although I'm sure SCO wouldn't care to do so. Rather, I believe
>that SCO are, among other things, collectively profoundly ignorant
>of their own history, which, as Cringely suggests, is about to
>repeat itself:

I know many folks who have worked for SCO over the years having met Doug
Michels first in 1984 or 1985 in Fort Worth when I was on the board of
directors of TCBUG (Tandy Computer Business Users Group), and a SCO
Reseller since 1987 or so.  There are still some good people on the
technical side at SCO, mostly in Santa Cruz, who remember what's gone on,
but management doesn't seem to be listening to them.  I don't know many
(any) of the original Caldera Linux folks who're still with the company,
the best of the German development team having gone over to SuSE.

Doug Michels, co-founder of SCO, has stated publically that he's totally
against what SCO is doing now.

Bill

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer (1891)