Greets List, Tom...   :)

--- Tom Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed Knoppix to hda things went well.  I had the disk
> previously
> partitioned and after the install went to set them up how I
> wanted it.
> I got /home and /var to work fine w/ fstab.  The one giving me
> headaches
> is the /boot partition.  No matter what I've tried it won't
> mount at
> boot.  If I mount it from the command line it works fine.
>
> The partition layout I set up is
>
> /dev/hda1    /boot
> /dev/hda2    swap
> /dev/hda3    /
> /dev/hda5    /home
> /dev/hda6    /var
>
> Here is my /etc/fstab file.
>
> # /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
> #
> # filesystem  mountpoint  type  options  dump  pass
>
> /dev/hda3  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  1  1
> /dev/hda1  /boot  ext3  defaults,noauto  1  2
> /dev/hda2  none  swap  sw  0  0
> /dev/hda5 /home  auto  rw,auto,user,exec  1  2
> /dev/hda6 /var   auto  defaults  1 2
> proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
> /dev/fd0  /floppy  vfat
> defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022  0  0
> /dev/cdrom  /cdrom  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0
>  0
>
> # partitions found by Knoppix
> #/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
> #/dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
> #/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
> #/dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0
>
> If anyone could give me a push in the right direction I would
> appreciate
> it.  This has been killing me since I got back from vacation
> on Monday.
> And even before I left.  errrr.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Tom Wilson

I can only recommend that you change the fstab listing so that
the listing is referred to and then mounted automatically.

Therefore, the fstab statement you want to changed on line
2 of your file ;

FROM

/dev/hda1  /boot   ext3   defaults, noauto    1   2

/dev/hda1  /boot   ext3   defaults     1   2

Seems to be a pretty straightfoward and simple solution
to me.

HTH

Cheers