Quoth Klaus-Peter Schrage:
> Kurt Wall wrote:
>
> >Quoth Kurt Wall:
> >
> >>Yo, list,
> >>
> >>So, what is up with Mozilla 1.4's handling of AA fonts? I downloaded
> >>and installed it and it reverted to butt-ugly AA fonts. Worse still,
> >
> >Erm, that is, "butt-ugly non-AA fonts"...
> >
> Until moz 1.3.1, I had always installed Redhat RPMs, and recent builds
> were made with Xft support which means: nicely antilaliased fonts.
> With 1.3.1, I wanted to try out a localized version supplied as a
> .tar.gz binary. But the price for my "deutsche Menu"s" seemed to be:
> ugly fonts, as the binary did to not support Xft font rendering. Don't
> know if there are any tarballs supporting Xft at all ... So with 1.4, I
> remorsefully recurred to RPMs and "English menus", and here we go again:
> beautiful fonts.
> BTW, all my bookmarks and mail setting etc. (which I share with a moz
> install on a dually bootable Win XP) are in place ...

I've pretty much concluded that my issues were self-inflicted, at least
where the bookmarks were concerned. It's too bad about the AA fonts,
though. They are much nicer than the standard issue, ugly ones usually
available.

Kurt
--
Parker's Law:
        Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.