Thats why I asked if you had PNP enabled. If you do then on a reboot it is
possible that the IRQ would change and maybe a conflict could develop that was
not present before. Only reason I mention it is that I have a linux box that is
old, been through many died and swapped out parts. One thing that has stayed
constant with the box is a SB 32AWE. Every time I have installed a new distro,
and at times some upgrades, have played hell getting the card to work correctly
with lots of IRQ conflicts. And they lock it up tight.

Ronnie

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:02:10 -0700 (PDT) - Susan Macchia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote the following
Re: Wierd sound error message (was: Re: Freeze while CD burning on RH 8.0
(2.4.20-18.8)