On Monday 14 July 2003 07:19 pm, Joel Hammer wrote:
> Well, I got the thing to connect and "sync."
>  (See the problem below.)
>
> What it took was:
>      kernel  2.4.20
>      pilot-xfer (from pilot-link version 0.11.7)
>
> And, these two commands:
>      cd /root/.jpilot
>      pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -i *.*
>
> This forces the Zire to accept my old jpilot database files in
> /root/.jpilot.
>
> Jpilot doesn't work for me to sync. I suppose it wasn't built against
> the right version of pilot-link, if at all.

I think you'll have to sync from within jpilot for it to do what you want.
Syncing from your script - especially while jpilot is running, think locked
database files - is not going to work.

2 suggestions:
1) Get the latest pilot-link package source and compile it rather than using
what came with the distro.

2) Do the same with jpilot.

If things were working properly I wouldn't suggest this because of the number
of apps that link against pilot-link, but if you're only using jpilot then it
shouldn't be too tough.  It's much harder for those using kpilot or
gnome-pilot since lots of things have to be recompiled for it to work.

The reason I suggest this for pilot-link is that they've added some new
features that I think will help you.  See:
http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2003-July/002545.html

And if you're going to do pilot-link you might as well get the latest jpilot
and do it as well.

HTH
-Aaron