Net Llama! wrote:
>> I've got two laptops running the same piece of software, but they
>> show the output GUI window differently.  So I put in some statements
>> to debug why and they come up with different numbers of pixels for
>> the size of text (that is the same).  The only reason I can figure
>> for this is a screen resolution issue.
>
> Could be a different font.

The Java code sets the font to be Courier 14 point in both cases.  They look
identical in size as displayed.

>> Is there an easy way to check what screen resolution is being used?
>
> /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Except in RedHat (on one machine).  I found it in the Gentoo installed on
the other.  Thanks.

Both displays are now set to 1024x768.  One shows as 75x75 dpi.  I haven't
found that information on the other.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon