On Sunday 20 July 2003 02:01 pm, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> XP defaults to dhcp - meaning MS has that button checked - but that assumes
> there is a dhcp server somewhere.  On my XP machine I have a fixed address.
>   You can change it in the network setup.

Yes that is true and I have tried both without avail. Using dhcp it comes up
with some really wierd IP that has no like on the network. On the otherhand I
can setup as  I have explained in another mail both machines manually. Mine
can get out to the not fine, but not the downstairs machine, but they can
ping. So its not resolving the addresses ?

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161