I've had great luck with my Hauppauge card... ATI WinTV VE (Value edition).  I
never got a chance to see which driver it uses because SuSE automatically
identified it (yes, LONG AFTER installation... a window popped up on my desktop
identifying it and asking if I wanted to configure it... way cool).
It's been pretty simple ever since.  I looked at the Pinnacle cards...  Nice,
but I couldn't swing it.  Right now I'm checking out the RivaTV drivers since I
just got a GForce4 card apparently with VideoIn... We'll see if it works :)  No
Tuner, just RCA/SVideo in.

Good Luck, though!

begin  On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:03:15 -0400
Keith Antoine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 19 July 2003 03:32 am, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
> > It does always seem to me that the things I want to do in Linux are just
> > about to work, but not when I start. Cameras work fine for me. Now it is
> > Hauppauge TV cards and their chip-o-the-month approach to cards...
> >
> > I look forward to the images!
>
> I had a Hauppage card and diced it due to their cavalier attitude, went bfor
> a pinnacle pro.
>
> --
> Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
> 18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161
> Practising Geriatric, Retired Electronics Engineer, Knowall, Brain in storage

Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.eisgr.com/

Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business