--- Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gary Wilson wrote:
> >

> I use uw-imap with postfix. It worked immediately
> upon install
> (debian/libranet linux).

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that UW-imap wouldn't work
with Postfix. I should have clarified that what I was
saying was that Courier-IMAP works with Postfix, my
preferred MTA. And that Courier has performed very
well. UW-imap installs very easily, but it was much
slower when handling a load. Have the
postfix-Courier-IMAP-SquirrelMail combo set up for a
system that serves about 200 users. Works well.
Courier also supports secure connections (SSL), though
I haven't set that up yet, so I can't comment on
Courier's implementation of it.

If you have a small mail server and don't handle a
load, UW-imap might be the best choice. It is easy to
set up and maintain and works very reliably, if
somewhat slowly. IIRC, it has some issues with making
folders, but there was a workaround.

Gary