Joel Hammer wrote:
Well, I am not in lindows right now, so I cannot give you the exact
error. (It is amazing how useless a computer becomes when it can't be
networked), but:

The bios finds it and XP finds it.
When I put in a cd, the automounter doesn't do anything, whereas before
it would automatically mount it. (Hate that stuff.) When I try to mount
it with mount /dev/cdrom1, which is in fstab, it returns no such device
or some such.

Joel

does /dev/cdrom1 exist? If you are running devfs and have upgraded lindows, did it over-write /etc/devfsd.conf. If you are using devfs look and see if the line to use oldcompat for cdroms isn't hashed out.

As always, just a thought
--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.