Quoth Ben Duncan:
> Normally, I would agree here, but I cannot see this client spending
> 25K USD just because thats what the local VAR for this particular
> software wants - and thats just the "COBOL" runtime and moving
>  the applications over.

Yow. Not a bad deal. Doesn't the Kompany have a COBOL implementation
for Linux?

> Anyway, I say "Bring 'em on!!!". The solution here is, no less, a
> COL 1.3 OpenLinux. It has the iBcs, but has new enuff stuff to
> be usable, but old enuff to be outta their (SCO's) IP loop.

Yup - SCO are welcome to extort a license fee from me if

1) Darl McBride personally shows up at my door to collect
2) He survives the blast

Kurt
--
"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for
me!"