On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 06:46, James McDonald wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I managed to get 2.6.0test2 kernel compiled and installed unfortunately
> my old kernel uses *.o.gz modules and the new modutils won't insert them
> so I am stuck with the 2.6 kernel for now.
>
> I have network and all my major services that I need but I'm lacking a
> nv driver the NVIDIA site doesn't support 2.6 yet and I can find any
> mention of the nv driver that is usually in the 2.4.x kernels.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Fortunately I installed all the console tools so I can access my
> computer ok over the net via ssh but I would like to get my X server
> going again.

I haven't tried the 2.6 kernel as of yet, so this may not work, but
might it be possible to use the fbdev driver/server? Or perhaps a plain
VESA driver? AFAIK either of these would allow you to run X until and if
nVidia releases a new driver that's compatible.

As I suggested, this advice may be NFG as it's purely a stab in the
dark. Worth a shot though...

HTH
--
Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>