Hi Andrew

       Thanks for your reply.

>>You need to update Spamassassin first. 2.41 is quite
old. Try the latest
>>cvs. (2.60)
>>1. cd /tmp
>>2. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at
cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spamassassin login
>>3. cvs -z3
>>- -d:pserver:anonymous at
cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spamassassin co
>>spamassassin
>>4. cd spamassassin/
>>5. .perl Makefile.pl
>>6. make
>>7. make test
>>8. make install
>>9. /etc/init.d/spamassassin stop
>>10 . /etc/init.d/spamassassin start

Could you please tell me the line no. 2,3 ?
In my present installation I am not starting/stopping
spamasassin. I am
starting/stopping *spamd*.. As i have installed
spamc/spamd.....

Now before this I need to tell about my present
configurtatoin and server
Here it is . Pl. advice me how I will proceed in this
present scenario..

First of all my server is Cobalt Raq4r. So there we
can't upgrade the  perl etc(if it is required) as we
are under warranty of Cobalt.

       Now when i installed the *spamassassin* , I
followed Bassi's  instruction which i got from the
Cobalt lists.  Here are the following url which i
downloaded that time....

http://spamassassin.taint.org/released/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.41.tar.gz
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Pod/podlators-1.24.tar.gz
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/DEWEG/Time-HiRes-01.20.tar.gz
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Pod/PodParser-1.18.tar.gz

I had installed spamc/spamd also.I am starting spamd
as follows:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/spamd start

Now all the configuration files are under
/etc/mail/spamassassin.
I had done site wise configuration.. And according to
the user's
choice modifying the user_prefs under each user's
directory.
I have set the procmail rules in /etc/procmailrc as
follows:

# SpamAssassin to its knees.
DROPPRIVS=yes
:0fw
* < 256000
| spamc
##
:0:
Maildir/

# All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher
than the set threshold)
# is moved to "probably-spam".
:0:
Maildir/

The perl version in our server is perl-5.00503-2

Now please suggest me how i will upgrade the present
installation with spamc/spamd...

Best regards.
-Swapna