On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 05:04, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
> It could be worse...  No offense to any Germans, but this could have been the German
> legal system...  IIRC, the German government presses the charges without any
> plaintiff needing to be involved... I'm referring to the KOffice KIllustrator/Adobe
> debacle a couple years ago.
>

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
> tom marinis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Too bad really for IBM;  If SCO was a Canadian company
> > and had originally filed their lawsuit in Canada,
> > as many Canadians know, the loser said lawsuit pays
> > all court costs...

The fact that SCO did not own JFS was a no-brainer. SCO's JFS is by
Veritas, not SCO. It is a very good JFS, BTW. I heard Veritas made a
Linux version as a product you can buy. We used VxFS in our on-the-road
systems for years and never once suffered a corruption. Even when the
power took a hike.

The next question is, will Veritas pick up the ball on this one?