On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:16:39AM +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:52:21 -0400
>Kurt Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030805/latu094_1.html
>>
>> A desktop license is only $199; single CPU servers are $699.
>> After October 15th, prices go up, so act now! Fucking bastards.

I could almost understand SCO doing this if still based in Santa Cruz given
the easy availability of hallucinagins in that part of the world.  There
must be stronger drugs available in Utah.

>This is like their licensing for UnixWare. Of course the difference is that
>Linux supports lots more hardware and 3rd party apps. I think this is simply
>a way to offer Linux without worry that it will eat into UnixWare sales,
>which had to be the case for OpenLinux. We made that switch. It cost SCO.
>This will stop the switch to Linux. Oh, I mean to SCO's Linux, anyway.

I had SCO Linux 4.0 installed on a machine for evaluation for about an
hour, then went to SuSE 8.1 when I figured it was missing most of the
things I wanted.

Bill

``During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act.''  --George Orwell