> James McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:52:21 -0400
> > Kurt Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030805/latu094_1.html
> >>
> >> A desktop license is only $199; single CPU servers are $699.
> >> After October 15th, prices go up, so act now! Fucking bastards.
> >>

> > I bet this sells about as well as Yugos!
> >

> So hang on the court case hasn't even proved yes or no regarding
> SCO's
> claims... what would possess anyone to pay over money for a license?

i would be guessing fear, and the desire to save money.  If people perceive that
they will be saving money by getting in early, they might go for it.  Most will not
question the need to purchase, unless they are better informed.

If MS or Novell, or someone else walked into a comercial business and stated
you need to buy X ammount of licences to be legal, most would not question
would they, especially if they thought that they were getting a special rate, and
would avoid prosecution.

If they get some peple paying money havent the had a win ?? even if it fails in
court ??

Oh well my 2c.

Shane Broomhall

Citrix Trainer & Consultant
Shane Broomhall Consulting Pty Ltd
Mobile:         0403 952 905
International (mobile/Cell) 61 403 952 905

MSN Messenger : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo Messenger                  opsidianorder
Email :             [EMAIL PROTECTED]