Attached is a little script I hacked to track my son's time in front
of his tube. It only counts time where there is mouse or keyboard activity
(I hacked an old script I had written for RSI prevention).

I ssh into his system and fire it up.

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 01:51:28 -0400
"Wil McGilvery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is short discussion about tracking the time of logged in users at
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/1/2003/05/2/58613
>
> I would think you could record the time logged in and the time logged out for each
> user the time using login and logout scripts.
>
> The difference for each session would be the time spent logged in and this could
> kept in a file on your box. When someone logs in the login script
> Checks the file and accepts/rejects the login based on the time accumulated.
>
> A simple cron job would reset the information every week.
>
> I sorry I cannot be more specific, but alas, I do not do a lot of scripting myself.
>
> Maybe someone on the list proficient in this area could help you out.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wil McGilvery
> Manager
> Lynch Digital Media Inc
>

> 416-744-7949
> 416-716-3964 (cell)
> 1-866-314-4678
> 416-744-0406  FAX
> www.LynchDigital.com

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |