On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 23:11, Ken Moffat wrote:

> I understand there is a move by Rumsfeld to privatize the armed forces.
> Source out all the support functions, just leaving the bullet shooters
> in the service.  I'm pretty sure they won't deregulate! ;-)

That's been going on for at least 20 years. The US Navy has outsourced
some of their submarine bases that long. One in particular that I
visited was being almost entirely run (except for a Marine security
force) by PANAM.

Many of the US DoD oversees facilities, including those in forward areas
such as Bosnia, have been run by large US corporation under contract.
--
burns