Sorry this is really M$ related but:
I had a customer with a constant rebooting machine, which we found was a
motherboard problem, PSU was fine and also switch was. So I used the latest
Gigabyte motherboard as a replacement GA-700N-400Pro, which was an advanced
board on the older 333 motherboard that went.

Installed MB strted the machine up with the XP cd in as boot to access R
(repair) so as to reconfigure the hd system to boot on new board, done this
before. However it all of a sudden had just a C: drive whilst it used to have
AFAICR C,D,E,F. It now sees only a c: of 80 gig and will not access repair.

Looking at the drive in dos it sees c: only and If I access the R and fixmbr
it says its not a standard mbr. All we did was change the motherboard, could
this wipe the mbr and scaramble it? Is there a way to fix without losing all
the data? It looks to me as if there is no way out but to reformat and re
partition etc.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'SKIPPY'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061, Australia:: PH:61733002161