WooHoo! Success! (well, almost)
I've booted to the new test kernel. Can't really notice a difference, yet,
'cept for sound not working :-(. It doesn't look like the sound module got
loaded. Oh well, I'm getting there....
Took me only 9 iterations of make gconfig ;-)
If anybody knows how to get the emu10k1 module loaded (I have a SoundBlaster
Live!), I wouldn't mind pointers... I'm trying to use the ALSA soundsystem.
My RHL 8.0 stock install uses OSS.
Well, off for now... gotta go apply an icepack...

Tim

--
RedHat 8.0 Kernel 2.6.0-test3,  KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  4:16pm  up 6 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.37, 0.19