Alma J Wetzker wrote:
>> I guess I just don't see how sco can even think of suing
>> when they have released distros under the gpl. It defies logic!
>
> Not at all.  SCO's premise is that the GPL is invalid.  This is a
> perfect demonstration of the difference between reasoning logically
> and reasoning correctly.

I know that is the premise that SCO is operating under.  How you can call it
either reasoning logically or reasoning correctly to come to the conclusion
that US Copyright law supercedes the GPL is beyond me.  If one follows the
logic by which they argued this case (at least in the media -- that you can
only make one copy) then when a writer sold the rights of a book to a
publisher the publisher could only print one copy of the book.  And the
writer could never sell it to anyone else.

I don't believe the term "reasoning" should be used in conjunction with SCO
unless preceded by the word "faulty".

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer
Registered Linux User #154358
Interfere not in the business of Dragons,
For you are crunchy when flamed and taste good.