On 29 Aug 2003 00:29:16 -0400
burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A couple of days ago, my ISP instituted a blackhole of (read = refused
> to accept) traffic from this list. This was based upon an arbitrary
> listing issued by a vigilante group in the Netherlands. Their
> rationale was that the SxS listserver uses DHCP, and many rogue spam
> servers also employ DHCP. What utter BS - that's like banning the use
> of computers because hackers/crackers have been known to use them.
> Give me a break!
>
> The good news is that because of Kurt and Doug's personal efforts and
> a bit of mail magic, I am able to still participate in the list until
> my new, less anal, ISP comes on line. A big public thank you, to both
> these guys.

Yes, kudos to all.  I suffer from a similar problem.  The xfce list
maintainer blocks all ip addresses from my ISP.  Even if I could send
mail to complain (which I can't), I know from past experience that he's
a total hardass, so it wouldn't do much good.  At least we do things a
lot better on this list, or I wouldn't be able to participate.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the