On 8/29/2003 4:28 PM, someone claiming to be Mike Reinehr wrote:

Tim,

I'm still exploring the mysteries of CUPS, myself, so this may be of little help, but the first thing I would check would be your choice of printer driver. When you install a new printer under CUPS, your presented with a choice of drivers. The CUPS people actual provide a few, the GIMP people provide a lot more, and then there are the Foomatic drivers. Some of the drivers are really good but a lot are not so good. Try experimenting with different drivers. I think the GIMP drivers, generally, are pretty good.

<snip> Ahh... more good ideas. Again, I'll check this out Tuesday as well.

Thanks,
Tim