For what it's worth I sent a virus passed to me through this mailing list
to Antony Stone on the MailScanner list.  He is running several virus
scanners.  He confirmed that ClamAV doesn't find this virus.  In fact,
here's the pertinent part of his reply message.

> It got picked up as Sobig.F by Bitdefender, F-Prot, Inoculan and McAfee,
> which on my system means that it got missed by ClamAV, Kaspersky and
> NOD32 (I run several antivirus engines on a single machine for exactly
> this sort of comparison!).

On my system I use MailScanner to run F-Prot, TrendMicro, and ClamAV.
Only ClamAV is missing the virus.  If I remember correctly the list is
just using ClamAV.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer