Douglas J Hunley wrote:

OK. I've just recompiled Sendmail to use the totally cool config.mc from www.xs4all.nl/~johnpc . This should catch and reject SoBig.F at the MTA level. And like I said earlier, the virus bounces messages should be tagged as spam with the X-Spam-Status: Yes header

Doug,

In your new sxs on sendmail the echo statements have the backtick,quote combination as you mentioned.

Is there any shell or programming significance to this i.e. does the shell parse `' combinations in a special way... I know the var=backtick command backtick says assign the out-put of this command to the variable. So is the backtick,quote combo special also?

-- James McDonald (Would you like fries with that MCSE?)

Singleton Australia

61+ (0)2 65712401
61+ 0428 320 219

07:45:00 up 1 day, 10:09, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.08, 0.19
Linux 2.4.22 #1 Mon Sep 1 20:03:11 EST 2003 athlon i386 GNU/Linux