On Sat, Sep 06, 2003, burns wrote:
>On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 19:22, Collins Richey wrote:
>
>> The laughing point he makes is that the new, spiffy M$ Server will not
>> run existing M$ applications!!!  Why would anyone deal with a company
>> like this?
>
>Oh gawd, what a question. I've been asking myself this for years - and
>I'm in the business.
>
>Mostly I think it's because we now have a generation of IT managers who
>don't know anything else and don't want to adopt an environment that
>will reveal that.

One has to consider that there's a huge industry dependent on cleaning up
after Microsoft failures.  Whether it's McAffee and Norton, or the armies
of MCSEs who have learned the three ``R'' of Windows, reboot, reboot,
reinstall.  Remember too that IT manager's compensation is related to the
number of droids they have tending the Windows boxen.

Bill

"A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or never had) the capacity
for clear and realistic thought. He is not a mere ass; he is actually ill.
Worse, he is incurable."
        H.L. Mencken