On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:54:35 +1000, James McDonald
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
>
> >>If the following was true regarding a network
> >>
> >>myPC <--> ISA W2K Proxy <--> Router/Firewall <-Internet->
> >Linux/https>
> >>And I wanted to create a connection over https to my apache linux
> >server>and then run a command line session to run shell
> >commands/mutt/pebrot etc>on my box Linux Box
> >>
> >>Does anyone know of any software that will do it?
> >>

> >OpenVPN? I see that it now supports Windows. Then, make a virtual
> >private network between myPC and Linux/https. VPN provides a general
> >solution. Setting a similar thing up is on my To Do list.
> >

> My point is that I need it to be SSL so that I can traverse the proxy
> without it being on another port other than 443. VPN etc use ports
> other than 443 and if you try to run on port 443 using another
> protocol.the proxy reports "Protocol <insert protocol name here> is
> not allowed on this port"
>
> I don't have administrative control of the Proxy/Firewall and I know
> that http/ssl and http both are open but only by way of the proxy, ssh
>
> fails but I need the encryption of ssl.
>
> I am trying to make a remote telnet style terminal of a web browser
> not in the mindterm java applet style but so that only key strokes and
>
> command out put are sent to and from the webserver via https and then
> executed on the webserver....  in a text only type of transfer.

This was seen on freshmeat.net yesterday (tuesday):

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/soht/

SOHT (Socket over HTTP Tunneling) allows you to tunnel socket
connections through an HTTP proxy. Restrictive firewalls often prohibit
all outgoing trafic except for HTTP. This application allows you to
tunnel socket connections over the HTTP protocol. This application
consists of a server that serves as a proxy and a client which tunnels a
socket connection over an HTTP connection to the server. The current
release is written in Java, and a .NET client is under development.

HTH

Myles

--
Myles Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Slackware-9.1pre + IceWM-1.2.12 + Sylpheed-0.9.4