On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 12:38, Net Llama! wrote:
> I've setup & used ssh public keys many times before.  All of a sudden, i
> can't get it to work at all.  It works on the boxes where i've set it up in
> the past, but new ones just fail to work.

I've set up several boxes here at home over the past two weeks (RH8 +
RH9) and had to update the SSL key on each of them. The trick seems to
be that you also have to update the 'up2date' client software as well.
If you follow the instructions on the Red Hat Network faithfully, it
seems to work.

But I agree, it is an awful way that they have implemented this.
Downloading this degree  of kludgey complexity onto your customers is
not good business. For us it's OK - we can figure it out eventually. But
what about those first time linux users that have just bought a boxed
set and don't know a console command from a potato?

--
burns