>From Info:find

Time
 ====

 Each file has three time stamps, which record the last time that certain
 operations were performed on the file:

   1. access (read the file's contents)

   2. change the status (modify the file or its attributes)

   3. modify (change the file's contents)

    You can search for files whose time stamps are within a certain age
 range, or compare them to other time stamps.

Cheers

mike

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 09:21 pm, you wrote:
> Can someone point me to documentation on file times?
>
> I am a bit confused regarding this subject (ctime, atime, and the rest).
>
> My hope is to find a time that is set when the file is created but which
> is not changed even if the file is modified.
>
> Joel

Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----
"More laws, less justice." -- Marcus Tullius Ciceroca, 42 BC
--------