Quoting Michael Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm still a bit puzzled as to why you're looking at KNOPPIX as a
> replacement for SuSE. To me, that's like replacing your tennis racket
>
> with your golf clubs. They are just meant to do entirely different
> jobs.
> A more likely replacement for SuSE would be Red Hat (or Debian,
> Slackware, Mandrake, Gentoo, etc.).
>
> But the solving of the mysterious file size limit in SuSE is a dragon
>
> that needs slaying. Once that is done, everything will look
> different.

My reason for considering an insall of Knoppix is that I am able to
record wavs fine in it.

The problem in SUSe is that the wav files are far too big I've watched
them grow as they are recording and I'm up to 250mb in about 2
minutes.

I've now spent about three weeks trying to fathom out why with no
sucess

I think I need either a new sound card of a different distro.