Hi all,

Slackware is running almost nicely on my friend's machine now- everything
works except when I logout from KDE, Gnome, etc. the entire thing locks up
and the only way to fix it is with a hard reboot.

This is with XFree 4.3, kernels 2.4.22-xfs, and the latest Gentoo gs-sources,
2.4.23_pre7-gss.

I've got it set up to boot to runlevel 4 (graphical mode, with GDM- KDM gives
me the same trouble, so it seems it's X or kernel at fault), as there's
absolutely no way my friend would be able to figure out logging in from a
command line.

I've googled to no avail.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bob Raymond

--
Linux EPoX.Linux.Raymond 2.6.0-test7-bk3 #2 Tue Oct 14 21:20:43 EDT 2003 i686
AMD Athlon(tm) processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Marge:  We're just going to have to cut down on luxuries.

Homer:  Well, you know, we're always buying Maggie vaccinations for
        diseases she doesn't even have.

                   Lisa's Pony