On Thursday 30 October 2003 11:04, Jay Nugent wrote:
> Greetings Bob,
>
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Robert E.Raymond wrote:
>

> > On Thursday 30 October 2003 20:08, Kurt Wall wrote:
> >
> > > Quoth Robert E.Raymond:

>    ...stuff Bobbettized...

snipped, bobbettized is just plain too sick :P

>    Sendmail ships with its configuration set to ONLY listen to the
> loopback device.  You can reconfigure it by simply changing one line (no
> need to run m4 and all that crap!).
>

>   vi /etc/sendmail.cf
>
>   Find for the line containing:  "DaemonPortOptions"
>
>   It will probably look like this:
>
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
>   Change it to look like this:
>
> O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA
>
>    Stop and start sendmail...
>

>    By not defining any ports in "DaemonPortOptions" you are telling
> sendmail to listen to ALL interfaces on your machine.  So if you ever
> define alias interfaces on your ethernet, and add additional ethernet
> cards, your sendmail will work automagically with those new interfaces :-)
>
>    Enjoy!
>
>       --- Jay

It's already set to that...

O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E

I tried commenting out the 2nd line and sending with Sendmail, but I got my
usual error message in mqueue-

V6
T1067573880
K1067574071
N1
P32378
MDeferred: Connection timed out with smtp.linux-sxs.org.
Fbs

Bob Raymond

--
Linux EPoX.Linux.Raymond 2.6.0-test9 #2 Wed Oct 29 16:05:56 EST 2003 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux