Ok, tried to load SuSe 8.2 on a P 150MHZ with 80MB ram and
a 4GB hard disk ... needless to say, WAY OVERKILL for the poor old machine.

Need some sort of distro that can:

A: Includes the Gcc compiler/Python/Perl/etc ...
B: Will work on such a weak machine (hmmm a few years ago
we thought that kinda power was studly ...)

This machine, is more or less, going to be a "Terminal" on steriods.
Needs to have a desktop, and I need to have Open Office on it.

I am open to suggestions? Perhaps Knoppix ?

Kurt Wall wrote:
Quoth Ben Duncan:

I need to any recommendations on a -easy- to configure, resource light
desktop manager. Need to add and run Open Office, some email programs,
and a "terminal" emulation.

I've been using Blackbox with great satisfaction here.
http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

Kurt

--
Ben Duncan   Phone (601)-355-2574     Fax (601)-355-2573   Cell (601)-946-1220
                        Business Network Solutions