Collins Richey wrote:

Does anyone else use icewm?  I've been trying it out for a few weeks, and I like
it a lot.

One thing I have been unsuccessful (after much googling) in finding out.  I have
utilities installed that allow you to specify sounds for events, and the
information gets saved, but I can't find anything in the config files that
actually enables this, so of course I get no sounds.

Any clues?

I don't think event sounds are an option in icewm. I've never heard anyone mention it, and I've been using it for a long time on Libranet. (It's the default.)

One thing I like is the 'restart' menu option which will go to another window manager. Here is part of my ~/.icewm/menu. I like the option of switching without logging out. (Xfce4 does not have this option, so it's not my default. Most of the others below do, but not kde or gnome, of course.)

   restart "GNOME Session" - run-gnome
   restart XFce - startxfce
   restart XFce4 - startxfce4
   restart KDE - kde3
   restart WindowMaker - wmaker
   restart Enlightenment - enlightenment
   restart Fluxbox - fluxbox
   restart Openbox - openbox
   restart Blackbox - blackbox
   restart Afterstep - afterstep
   restart Sawfish - sawfish
   restart FVWM2 - fvwm2
   restart QVWM - qvwm
   restart IceWM - icewm
   restart IceWM-Experimental - icewm-experimental

-- Ken