On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> Are you trying to use 'bind'?

No.
> Here is one very stupid trick I use to decode keypresses. Start vi, then
> press 'i', Then press Ctrl-v. Then press the key you want. Then press
> the escape key. Save the file. It will contain the keystroke. Dump it
> with od.
Actually, I find it a clever trick, and it solves my problem! As you may
have guessed, I'm not really a programmer, just an amateur. I knew (after
posting) about Control-V in vim, but not about od.

> Although I use Tcl/Tk quite a bit, I have only used expect a bit. I
> would imagine there were some hooks to help with this.
 I have the Exploring Expect book, which doesn't seem to help in this
 specific matter.

 Thanks!

Jorge Almeida