On Wednesday 19 November 2003 7:08 pm, someone claiming to be James McDonald
wrote:
> Folks,
>
> For those of you in an admin role you may sympathize with this. I just
> had to change the IP addresses on a series of radios linking the sites
> of the company I work at.
>
> Because we only have windows I had to take a laptop up to the radio
> repeater site and use it to change each ip address. The problem was that
> windows (w2k) will allow you to change your ip address once but if you
> try it again it prompts for a reboot.... So in short each time I had to

Can't you just tell it that no, you don't want to reboot? Haven't done it in a
while, but I seem to remember that you don't really have to reboot, it's just
that Winders wants you to.

--
Fedora Core 1, Kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl,  KDE 3.1.4, Xfree86 4.3.0
 20:35:00  up 10 days,  3:00,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00