On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:25:32 -0500  Bill Day wrote:
> On Sunday 01 July 2001 18:33, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 June 2001 11:29 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
> > | My employer is touting this for linux users that dial in to our
> > | company sites.
> >
> > it's dandy.
>
> I had no luck with XISP, ksaferppp and kppp(worked parttime), instead, I used
> ppp and diald (being that I wanted my network to cause it to dial as well)
> and to keep it connected, I just use a small utility called TJPingPro ona
> winbox ont he network, which sends a packet toa  specified ip address every
> couple of minutes.. at least until I figure out how to keep diald from
> disconnectiong during idle... or that I finally get some sort of broadband!

I keep trying out these things, but they never quite do it for me. I
rolled my own a few years ago, and keep using it. I wrote 2 versions,
both in Expect. One runs batch, so I can do dialup on a cron job, and the
other has a Tk Gui on it.

If you know a bit of Tcl/Tk and are interested, I'll send you a copy...

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |