Hi, Group:

I would like to roll my own LILO or GRUB to boot the following
operating systems, scattered over two hard drives: SuSE 7.1; SuSE 7.2;
Red Hat 7.1; Windows 98.  This is why I was trying to read the lilo
files on the floppy disk created by the SuSE 7.2 installation.

One thing I need to know in order to proceed is the name (version) of
Linux that appears opposite "image=/boot/vmlinuz.x.x.xx-xxx"

I can't find or remember the command to produce the version
nomenclature in use on the booted system.

Can someone supply the command?

TIA

Regards,

Glenn