OK, I read it and I'm stupid.  Please humor me: the fog up here has
diffused into my brain.   It says:

"The above scripts are written to create minimal blurb. If you need to
look at /var/log/ppp (mentioned right at the beginning of this SxS) you
can enhance the messages adding options to the scripts as follows

chat add the option -v (or -s)
pppd add the option debug (or kdebug=2)   "

1.  I looked at the beginning of the SxS and I did this:

Edit /etc/syslog.conf and place somewhere near the top:
daemon.*/var/log/ppp           # use TAB *not* spaces
/etc/rc.d/init.d/syslog reload

but nothing happened after reboot, activate ppp, look for messages in
/var/log/ppp.

2.  I have no file /var/log/ppp.  I suppose I need to create it or let
a script create it?
2.  Into which of the scripts in /etc/ppp do I add the "debug" option?

--
Tony Alfrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]