On Friday 13 July 2001 08:18 pm, Lee wrote:

| Hide the cookie jar mother! The boobs and cockroaches are at it
| again! Does this suit mean that I can sue the racetrack and other
| horse owners  if the horse I bet on lost even if it was a 100 to 1
| shot? Unfortunately, they'll probably win. I believe there is a
| section of the Endangered Species Act dealing with the protection
| of the North American Greedy Lawyer Hirer who invest in the initial
| offerings of companies like usedtoiletpaper.com

this festering infection isn't, alas, unique to north america, as
witness the equally ridiculous german adobe nonsense involving
killustrator which, it appears, will be settled with no one injured
and only about 10 orders of magnitude more work and fuss than there
would have been had adobe merely approached the kde folk and stated
their objections.

but the u.s. situation is quite bad enough on its own, and without
vast tort reform -- including, perhaps, the public execution of a
plaintiff's lawyer chosen at random daily -- it will get worse. these
parasitic arthropods are fully capable of collapsing the economy, and
they see no reason not to do so if there's a nickel in it for them.
(though from the looks of it -- the thread common to the linux-based
investor lawsuits -- there are some people over at bear sterns who
could profit from a good beating and maybe having their cocaine,
cigars, and single-malt scotch taken away for a month or so.)
--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.