Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 July 2001 15:56, Vern W Heesch wrote:
> > Net Llama wrote:

> <big snip>
>
> Ok, back to ground zero.
>
> We now have agreed that text files have no formatting.
>
> If I wanted to create nice looking pdf files in the manner you describe, I
> would first try to get my 'document' into some well known format, like a .doc
> file or even .rtf.  Something that StarOffice could do very easily.
>
> Then if I wanted to use Linux, I would try the PS to PDF program, but I've
> never used it.  I would have StarOffice print to a file, which would (or
> should) create a postscript file of my document.  Then (maybe) the PS2PDF
> program would convert it....
>
> --
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> + Bruce S. Marshall  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bellaire, MI         07/17/01 16:19  +
> "Sacred cows make great hamburgers."

A big thanks to everyone that gave advice. I figured out how it is done. I created my
document
in kword and printed to a file (no idea why that didn't dawn on my....brain dead). I
then used
ps2pdf to create the pdf file....and it displays correctly. Thanks again, you saved me
from
having to use that windows stuff!!

Vern