Thanks to several kind folks here, I've managed to configure my son's PC
so that I can have remote X login to my PC (see "stupid newbie network
question" thread), even have it so that it can be logged into both at
the same time (Ctl-Alt-F7 is local, Ctl-Alt-F8 is remote). All is well
except that the remote login has no sound. Is there a way to get a
remote X login with sound? It's not a BIG deal, since I'll usually login
remotely just to check mail, but it'd be cool to have sound work. The
local PC has an old SB16 ISA card and the remote PC has an SB Live, if
that matters. Obviously, sound works on both when logged in locally.
Regards,
Tim