On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 05:18:36 -0500 "David A. Bandel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> > Doing some restructuring of partitions to prepare for installing
> > Slackware, I happened to convert a now unused swap partition to a
> linux
> > partition.  The sequence of events was
> >
> > fdisk /dev/hdd
> > changed partition type to 83 (linux)
> > wrote changes
> > rebooted
> > mkreiserfs /dev/hdd5 (the former swap partion)
> > mounted the new partition
> > copied all files from my /boot partition to the new one
> > verified that everything is there
> > modified my lilo.conf to use the new /boot partition
> > booted again.
> >
> > Now whenever I use the command
> >
> >         mount /dev/hdd5 -o notail /mnt/hdd5  (works for all others)
> >
> > I get error "looks like a swap partition ... mount not done."
> >
> > so now I have to
> >
> >         mount /dev/hdd5 -o notail -t reiserfs /mnt/hdd5
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> What does /etc/fstab say about this partition?

This partition as well as the ones that mount without specifying -t
reiserfs do not appear in fstab.  Only my / partition is there, as I only
mount /boot when needed, and I only mount other / & /boot sets when
running Lilo.

BTW, I forgot to add, run Lilo, in the sequence above.

The only difference I can detect is that none of the other partitions used
to be a swap partition.

--
Collins Richey
Denver Area