got bounced for the umpteenth time, here goes again

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 15:59, Bill Campbell wrote:
> Shouldn't you be looking for libz-devel?  I just built the latest versions
> from the OpenLinux3.1 Workstation distribution on OpenServer, and several
> older versions of Caldera while compiling rpm-3.0.6 for these platforms,
> and it's working find.

Yes, absolutely. In my long rambling piece, the bottom line was that RH7.x
does NOT supply -devel, and I suspect(ed) other distros don't, based on
evidence out of www.rpmfind.net

I understand the word 'built' above, and COL never had this issue either. I
am not aware of eW3.1 anything. It would appear from above that it too (at
least) does not supply an rpm thereof?

BTW Bill, you are a *very* difficult person to contact offline. I keep
getting bounced, one was the now infamous relay denied, others weren't, so If
you think I was being impolite not answering your earlier messages to me, you
have a part answer going back six months.